pro·to-Sinaitic | \ "+\
Definition of proto-Sinaitic
: of or relating to an early Semitic alphabet known only from fragmentary inscriptions from Sarabit el Khadem in the Sinai peninsula and thought to date from about 1500 b.c.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 9/13/19
- A Guide to Using Colons
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?