pro·pri·e·tar·i·an | \ prəˌprīəˈta(a)rēən\
Definition of proprietarian
(Entry 1 of 2)
Definition of proprietarian (Entry 2 of 2)
: relating to or belonging to or characteristic of the propertied class —opposed to proletarian sending proletarian winners of scholarships to proprietarian public schools … and absorbing them into the service of the capitalist class— G. B. Shaw
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
- We Added New Words to the Dictionary for September 2019
- 7 Words Related to "Work"
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?