Definition of processed
: having been subjected to a special process or treatment (as in the course of manufacture) Just as processed food has been robbed of its nutrients, processed hair has been robbed of much of its health. — Essence The mythical fountain of youth now is filled with white tea. The pale, minimally processed Chinese tea is being pitched as the next great thing for drinking and as a cosmetics ingredient. — The Grand Rapids (Michigan) Press The main dietary sources of sodium are common salt used in cooking and for seasoning and especially the increased amount of sodium compounds used in processed foods.— Sue Rodwell Williams
Keep scrolling for more
to mark by some ceremony or observation
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 5/24/19
- Summer Reading Picks from Merriam-Webster Staffers
- The Wayward Cousins of 'Irregardless'
- Different Words for Luggage and Baggage
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Challenging Vocabulary Quiz Returns! Take the quiz
- Time Traveler Quiz: Which Word Came First? Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Syn City Play the game