pro·bou·leu·tic | \ ¦prōbü¦lütik, -bə¦l-\
Definition of probouleutic
: concerned with preliminary discussion of and deliberation on something (as a legal measure) later to be submitted to another body of voters the probouleutic senate of ancient Athens
Keep scrolling for more
showing great care, attention, and effort
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Finance Words Quiz Take the quiz
- Namesakes Word Quiz Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game