variants: or pre-invasion
Definition of preinvasion
: taking place in the period immediately preceding a military invasion preinvasion bombardment London in that preinvasion spring seemed full of color and gaiety. Uniforms of different nations abounded, and the air was charged with excitement and a tense anticipation.— Louis Auchincloss
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- 7 Words Related to "Work"
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 9/13/19
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?