play alongphrasal verb
played along; playing along; plays along
Definition of play along
: to agree to do or accept what other people want They wanted me to cooperate with them, but I refused to play along. —often + with I refused to play along with their plan.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game