: a pointed or projecting part of a garment;
: the visor of a cap or hat
- The cap's peak shades his eyes.
: a sharp or pointed end
4 a (1)
: the top of a hill or mountain ending in a point
- the fog hung … heavily on the peak of the hill
- —H. D. Skidmore
: a prominent mountain usually having a well-defined summit
: something resembling a mountain peak
- Beat the cream until it forms stiff peaks.
: the upper aftermost corner of a fore-and-aft sail
: the narrow part of a ship's bow or stern or the part of the hold in it
: the highest level or greatest degree
- a singer at the peak of her popularity
: a high point in a course of development especially as represented on a graph
- The graph shows that murders in the city reached a peak two years ago.