Definition of pass-through
(Entry 1 of 2)
1 : the act, action, or process of offsetting increased costs by raising prices
2 : an opening in a wall between two rooms through which something (such as dishes) may be passed
3 US law : pass-through entity They structured the business as a pass-through to enjoy more beneficial tax treatment.
Definition of pass-through (Entry 2 of 2)
: relating to or arising from a pass-through entity pass-through income
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game