parcel outphrasal verb
parceled out or parcelled out; parceling out or parcelling out; parcels out
Definition of parcel out
: to divide or share (something) among different people, groups, etc. The money was parceled out to local charities. They plan to parcel the tickets out in a lottery. We need to stop parceling out the blame for this problem and start working on a solution.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Is the Word 'Freshman' Going Out of Style?
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/23/19
- Getting to the Heart of 'Epicenter'
- 'Conscience' vs. 'Conscious': Let Us Be Your Guide
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Summer 2019 Words of the Day Quiz Take the quiz
- Obscure Shapes Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- Citation Play the game