variants: or less commonly parasphenoidal \ ¦parə+ \
Definition of parasphenoid
(Entry 1 of 2)
: of, relating to, or being a bone situated in the base of the skull of many vertebrates and developed in the membrane underlying the basicranial axis
Definition of parasphenoid (Entry 2 of 2)
: a parasphenoid bone
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
- Where Does 'Run-of-the-Mill' Come From?
- The Provenance of 'Providence'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/16/19
- Lovelock to Trichologist: 8 Words About Hair
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Summer 2019 Words of the Day Quiz Take the quiz
- Obscure Shapes Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- Syn City Play the game