pa·pis·tic | \ pəˈpistik, -tēk\
variants: or papistical \ -tə̇kəl , -tēk- \
Definition of papistic
: of or relating to the Roman Catholic Church and its doctrines, ceremonies, or government
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game