Definition of pampas cat
: a small wildcat (Felis pajeros) of Argentina and Patagonia that is yellowish gray with dark bands on the legs and tail and brownish stripes running obliquely from the back to the flanks
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Advanced Vocabulary Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Dictionary Devil Play the game