pa·lo·sa·pis | \ ˌpalōˈsäpə̇s, ˌpäl-\
Definition of palosapis
: a tall tree (Anisoptera thurifera) of the family Dipterocarpaceae that is common in the Philippines and yields a resinous oil and valuable light-colored hard wood used in cabinetwork and paneling
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Is the Word 'Freshman' Going Out of Style?
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/23/19
- Getting to the Heart of 'Epicenter'
- 'Conscience' vs. 'Conscious': Let Us Be Your Guide
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Summer 2019 Words of the Day Quiz Take the quiz
- Obscure Shapes Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- Syn City Play the game