pa·lo san·to | \ ˌpalōˈsanˌtō, ˌpälōˈsän-\
Definition of palo santo
: any of several South American trees esteemed locally for medicinal or other special properties especially : a tree (Bulnesia sarmienti) of the family Zygophyllaceae occurring in dry interior regions of Argentina and Paraguay and having a resinous heartwood used for incense — see guaiac wood
Keep scrolling for more
an act or instance of returning to life
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game