pack a punch/wallopidiom
Definition of pack a punch/wallop
: to be very strong, forceful, or energetic Careful—these hot peppers really pack a punch. Unlike her last album, her new release packs a wallop.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game