Definition of overstress
- overstressed himself with too many commitments
- … workers often overstress their muscles and tissues to the point where they become inflamed …
- —Predicasts Technology Update
- … the alternate action of the wind on either side of the church overstressed the intermediate external pillar, which failed.
- —Mario Salvadori
- overstress the possibility of an unlikely problem
- The importance of this point can't be overstressed. = I can't overstress the importance of this point.
overstressedplay \ˌō-vər-ˈstrest\ adjective
- feeling tired and overstressed