Definition of overstitch
(Entry 1 of 2)
: any of various stitches now usually made on a sewing machine with one, two, or three threads for binding a raw edge on cloth or making an ornamental edge, finish, or hem
Definition of overstitch (Entry 2 of 2)
: to edge, finish, or hem with an overstitch
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Syn City Play the game