Definition of overstimulated
: excessively stimulated The brain, responding to higher than normal dopamine levels, gets overstimulated.— Robert Wilbur Sleep time is quite a problem for overstimulated children and their parents. A recent Brown University study of 494 elementary-school children found that 375 of them had trouble associated with sleep.— Joseph Pereira
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/23/19
- Getting to the Heart of 'Epicenter'
- 'Conscience' vs. 'Conscious': Let Us Be Your Guide
- It's a Scorcher! Words for the Summer Heat
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?