Definition of overreliance
: the act or state of relying on something or someone too much : excessive reliance One of my top priorities next year is to have an energy policy that begins to address all facets of our overreliance on fossil fuels.— Barack Obama I shy away from prescribing sleeping pills … to avoid overreliance on them.— Andrew Weil
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 9/13/19
- A Guide to Using Colons
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?