Definition of overinsistent
1 : insisting too much : too insistent … parents who have been overinsistent about the exact regulation of their children's religious beliefs and deportment …— Edward S. Martin
2 : too prominent or noticeable (as because of repetition) : obtrusive They're both lame, formulaic sitcoms driven by an overinsistent laugh track.— Ted Cox … the … vice (so common among millionaire rock stars of a certain age) of overpolished production and overinsistent percussion.— James Delingpole
Keep scrolling for more
an act or instance of editing or removing
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- 12 Words For A Lunar Travelogue
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 7/19/19
- On ‘Perpetrate’ and ‘Perpetuate’
- 13 Verbs From The Breakfast Table
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?