Definition of overfat
: having or marked by an excessive amount of body fat overfat cattle It is during middle age that they begin to show signs of an overfat condition. Watch the weight of the cat after middle age.— Louis L. Vine If you are very athletic and muscular, you may be overweight but not overfat.— Judith S. Stern
Keep scrolling for more
standardized text or formulaic language
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Finance Words Quiz Take the quiz
- Namesakes Word Quiz Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game