Definition of overfastidious
: excessively fastidious Normally overfastidious and wedded to routine, he now neglected food, sleep, and appearance.— Ernst Pawel In other respects I have written more carelessly; that is, without an overfastidious and learned choice of words.— Percy Bysshe Shelley
Keep scrolling for more
to form ideas or theories about something
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Farm Idioms Quiz Take the quiz
- Up in the Sky: A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game