Definition of overdramatize
- Don't overdramatize the situation.
- an overdramatized account
- The seriousness of this problem … has been vastly overrated and overdramatized.
- —Chris Welles
- The stories, he says, sensationalize or overdramatize the family's troubles …
- —James Laube
overdramatizationplay \ˌō-vər-ˌdra-mə-tə-ˈzā-shən, -ˌdrä-\ noun, plural overdramatizations
- As a child, I found Anne's plights and scrapes so worrisome, but as an adult I laugh out loud at her overdramatization of everything.
- —Laurie Gelman