transitive + intransitive
: to cure (something) with chemicals, heat, etc., beyond an optimal point
- The manufacturer's instructions must be followed to avoid overcuring the sealant material.
- —Mosby's Review Questions for the National Board Dental Hygiene Examination
- Follow the recipe exactly; if the measurements or timing are off, the fish might overcure, rendering it too salty and tough …
- —Noelle Carter
- Excessive heat, due to belt slippage, tends to cause the belts to overcure. This causes the rubber to harden and crack.
- —Jack Erjavec and Rob Thompson
High temperature areas in the mould can cause overcure … of the rubber …
—Bryan G. Crowther