Definition of overcure
- Don't overcure the meat.
- The manufacturer's instructions must be followed to avoid overcuring the sealant material.
- —Mosby's Review Questions for the National Board Dental Hygiene Examination
- Follow the recipe exactly; if the measurements or timing are off, the fish might overcure, rendering it too salty and tough …
- —Noelle Carter
- Excessive heat, due to belt slippage, tends to cause the belts to overcure. This causes the rubber to harden and crack.
- —Jack Erjavec and Rob Thompson
overcureplay \ˈō-vər-ˌkyu̇r, -ˌkyər\ noun
- High temperature areas in the mould can cause overcure … of the rubber …
- —Bryan G. Crowther