Definition of overcool
: to cool excessively : to lose or to cause (something or someone) to lose too much heat or warmth … has a dehumidifying cycle that's supposed to dry out a humid room without overcooling it. — Consumer Reports Conventional greenhouse additions overheat, overcool and tend to frost up when it's cold and windy. — The Globe and Mail (Canada)
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why is there a 'd' in 'fridge' but not in 'refrigerator'?
- 'All Intensive Purposes' or 'All Intents and Purposes'?
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Name that Thing: Dog Breeds Take the quiz
- Words You Should Know Quiz, Vol. 1 Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game