Definition of overcool
: to cool excessively : to lose or to cause (something or someone) to lose too much heat or warmth … has a dehumidifying cycle that's supposed to dry out a humid room without overcooling it. — Consumer Reports Conventional greenhouse additions overheat, overcool and tend to frost up when it's cold and windy. — The Globe and Mail (Canada)
Keep scrolling for more
something valued as if it were money
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Time Traveler Quiz: Which Word Came First? Take the quiz
- Slippery Words Quiz—Changing with the Times Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game