Definition of overcommunicate
- … the time we used to find for tasks … is now being eaten up by unnecessary communications. We overcommunicate now to too many people because it is so easy to do.
- —Michal Ann Strahilevitz
- … overcommunicating with customers can cause a relationship to be dysfunctional. For example, bombarding customers with catalogs and other promotions will lead customers to ignore any further communication …
- —V. Kumar
- … he didn't want to be seen as the kid who overcommunicates trivia.
- —Richard Segal
- … one marketing professional told me she overcommunicates with team members. She sends messages orally and written.
- —Casey Hawley
- Overcommunicate. When you work remotely, it is critical to stay connected to your boss and colleagues.
- —Mark Schnurman
- Leaders don't need to just communicate, but to overcommunicate, the new culture so it becomes intrinsically established within both businesses.
- —Marty Parker
overcommunicationplay \ˌō-vər-kə-ˌmyü-nə-ˈkā-shən\ noun
- overcommunication between employees and managers