Definition of overcentralize
- … any condition that tends to overcentralize political power is dangerous.
- —John Francis Cronin
- … a tendency of commanders to overcentralize authority and control, denying junior officers the opportunity to exercise independent command and judgment.
- —Donald A. Carter
- A third genre of complaints against the multinational corporation is that it overcentralizes management decisions in its head office.
- —Neil H. Jacoby
- … the current provincial trend to overcentralize public services, from the police and education to health care, in the name of short-term cost-cutting …
- —Anthony Winson and Belinda Leach
overcentralizationplay \ˌō-vər-ˌsen-trə-lə-ˈzā-shən\ noun, plural overcentralizations
- the overcentralization of the government
- an overcentralized system
- … the present overcentralized control of the police …
- —John F. M. McDermott