Definition of overbaked
1 : baked for too long or at too high a temperature a dry, overbaked cookie
2 : elaborated or developed to the point of seeming artificial or contrived : overwrought … beneath the slogging, overbaked narrative … is a nimbler, leaner story struggling to emerge.— Arthur Krystal … these slightly overbaked songs, in which elaborate production touches (strings, timpani-like drum flourishes) mask the band's three-chord limitations.— Greg Kot
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why is there a 'd' in 'fridge' but not in 'refrigerator'?
- 'All Intensive Purposes' or 'All Intents and Purposes'?
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Name that Thing: Dog Breeds Take the quiz
- Words You Should Know Quiz, Vol. 1 Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game