Definition of overambitious
- The reforms of the Great Society succeeded in markedly reducing poverty, although they fell short of President Lyndon B. Johnson's overambitious goals.
- —Dennis H. Wrong
- Dr. Godfrey, who has seen more than his share of the fallout from overambitious exercise programs, advises against jumping and pounding exercises for people over 50 …
- —Jane E. Brody
- … NASA's original plans for the shuttle were overambitious: the commitment to provide routine and economical access to space locked the agency into a schedule too tight to be met with the available resources.
- —Scientific American
- planned overambitiously for the future
- I overambitiously tried the traditional full Irish breakfast …
- —Laura Reiley
- My hopes for another gardening season have once again been dashed by my overambitiousness and basically lazy nature.
- —Michelle Kennedy