Definition of outstate
1 : of, relating to, or situated in a region of a state outside the principal city or largest center of population small layoffs here and there in the outstate areas — Wall Street Journal lost the governorship because the outstate vote went against him
2 [ out (of) state ] : coming from or resident in an outside state a gorge of unusual natural beauty which few outstate visitors see— M. W. Fishwick
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- 7 Words Related to "Work"
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 9/13/19
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?