outsoared; outsoaring; outsoars
Definition of outsoar
: to soar beyond or above : to outdo or surpass in soaring … the grandeur of the penthouses, with their 13- and 16-foot ceilings outsoaring the standard penthouse height of 10 feet …— Lucinda Hahn No matter who sheʼs working with, [Ruby] Amanfu says she lives for the moments when she feels sheʼs outside her own body, outsoaring her own expectations.— D. Patrick Rodgers
Keep scrolling for more
a sum of money that is sent as a payment
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Time Traveler Quiz: Which Word Came First? Take the quiz
- Slippery Words Quiz—Changing with the Times Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game