outsoared; outsoaring; outsoars
Definition of outsoar
: to soar beyond or above : to outdo or surpass in soaring … the grandeur of the penthouses, with their 13- and 16-foot ceilings outsoaring the standard penthouse height of 10 feet …— Lucinda Hahn No matter who sheʼs working with, [Ruby] Amanfu says she lives for the moments when she feels sheʼs outside her own body, outsoaring her own expectations.— D. Patrick Rodgers
Keep scrolling for more
to form ideas or theories about something
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Farm Idioms Quiz Take the quiz
- Up in the Sky: A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game