Definition of out-front
: marked by free, forthright, and sincere expression : frank, open "He was very out-front about his desires," says [writer Allan] Gurganus …— Susan Reed et al. Such out-front discussion of the princess's endowments is all part of the job …— Jay Cocks But it's not just the press that gets the cold shoulder. Byers has an obligation to be more out-front with his constituency, too.— Jack McCallum
Keep scrolling for more
an act or instance of editing or removing
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- 12 Words For A Lunar Travelogue
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 7/19/19
- On ‘Perpetrate’ and ‘Perpetuate’
- 13 Verbs From The Breakfast Table
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?