Definition of orthographic projection
1 : projection of a single view of an object (such as a view of the front) onto a drawing surface in which the lines of projection are perpendicular to the drawing surface
2 : the representation of related views of an object as if they were all in the same plane and projected by orthographic projection
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- We Added New Words to the Dictionary for September 2019
- 7 Words Related to "Work"
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?