:the act or process of orienting or of being oriented
- These materials are for the orientation of new employees.
:the state of being oriented
- the orientation of the main altar of the church
- the orientation of molecules
:a usually general or lasting direction of thought, inclination, or interest
- the fundamentally human orientation of Greek art
- —Bruce Cole
- This company has a decidedly conservative orientation.
:a person's self-identification as heterosexual, homosexual, or bisexual
:change of position by organs, organelles, or organisms in response to external stimulus
- The plant's orientation is toward light.
\ˌȯr-ē-ən-ˈtā-shnəl, -shə-nᵊl, -ˌen-\