or·bi·cule | \ ˈȯ(r)bəˌkyül \
Definition of orbicule
: a more or less spherical body found in some granites and other rocks, varying in size from a pellet visible only under the microscope to a sphere 10 feet or more in diameter, and having its constituents arranged in concentric shells
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why is there a 'd' in 'fridge' but not in 'refrigerator'?
- 'All Intensive Purposes' or 'All Intents and Purposes'?
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Name that Thing: Dog Breeds Take the quiz
- Words You Should Know Quiz, Vol. 1 Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game