on the reboundidiom
Definition of on the rebound
1 : in the process of bouncing back after hitting something The fielder caught the ball on the rebound off the wall.
2 : sad and confused because a romantic relationship has recently ended She refused to date him while he was still on the rebound.
3 chiefly US : getting better His health is on the rebound.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- 12 Words For A Lunar Travelogue
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 7/19/19
- On ‘Perpetrate’ and ‘Perpetuate’
- 13 Verbs From The Breakfast Table
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Farm Idioms Quiz Take the quiz
- Up in the Sky: A Quiz Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game