on the lookout foridiom
Definition of on the lookout for
: looking or searching for (something or someone) An avid shopper, she was always on the lookout for sales. The police are on the lookout for two men who escaped from custody yesterday.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game