on the docketidiom
Definition of on the docket
1 : on a list of legal cases to be heard by a court The judge had to postpone some of the cases on the docket.
2 : on a list of things to be considered (by a group of people, such as a committee) The new library will be the first item on the committee's docket.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- Bee Cubed Play the game