on condition of anonymityidiom
Definition of on condition of anonymity
: only if one's name will not be revealed She agreed to speak to the reporter only on condition of anonymity.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- The Exceptions Quiz III Take the quiz
- Musical Words Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game