on (the) televisionidiom
Definition of on (the) television
: broadcast by television : being shown by television or in a television program What is on the television tonight? There's nothing (I want to watch) on television right now. I recognize your face. Are you on television?
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game