Definition of old money
(Entry 1 of 2)
: people whose families have been rich for a long time He comes from old money.
Definition of old money (Entry 2 of 2)
: of, being, or related to people whose families have been rich for a long time an old money family/neighborhood
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- We Added New Words to the Dictionary for September 2019
- 7 Words Related to "Work"
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?