Definition of oak fern
: a widely distributed fern (Thelypteris dryopteris) of the family Polypodiaceae chiefly of damp acid woodlands of boreal and alpine parts of the northern hemisphere that has a slender subterraneous rhizome and delicate solitary triangular fronds
Keep scrolling for more
to affect and impair by alcohol or a drug
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Syn City Play the game