Definition of nowhere near
1 : not at all near to We were nowhere near a hospital.
2 informal : not at all : not nearly Their house is nowhere near as nice as yours. That is nowhere near enough water. The house is nowhere near finished.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Farm Idioms Quiz Take the quiz
- Up in the Sky: A Quiz Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- Syn City Play the game