not at allidiom
Definition of not at all
—sometimes used as a polite response after an expression of appreciation or thanks "Thank you for all your trouble." "Not at all.""That was very kind of you." "Not at all. It was the least I could do."
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 5/24/19
- Summer Reading Picks from Merriam-Webster Staffers
- The Wayward Cousins of 'Irregardless'
- Different Words for Luggage and Baggage
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Challenging Vocabulary Quiz Returns! Take the quiz
- Time Traveler Quiz: Which Word Came First? Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game