Definition of nostalgic
- As we drove through the French countryside, I couldn't help being not just nostalgic, but wistful, about how simple wine was 25 years ago.
- —Matt Kramer
- The protest mostly featured the usual suspects—anti-capitalists, environmentalists, union types chanting "Solidarity," and aging hippies nostalgic for their youth.
- —Margaret Wente
- He loved good stories, especially nostalgic ones from his boyhood, and relished the telling.
- —Peter Schworm
- He soon parlayed his nostalgic pictures into a business that would eventually include writing, antique collecting, museum operations, and reproduction-furniture making.
- —David K. Leff
nostalgicallyplay \nä-ˈstal-ji-k(ə-)lē, nə- also nȯ-, nō-; nə-ˈstäl-\ adverb
- thinking nostalgically of the summers they spent together
- looking back nostalgically on happier times