Definition of nope
: no entry 1 "Did they call yet?" "Nope." "Do you need help with that box?" "Nope, I've got it." "Are you sisters?" "Nope—we're cousins." What's his secret? Is it some magical pill, potion or lotion? Nope. Just some breathing techniques.— Beth Stebner "Why do they call you 'Big' Bill?" she asked. "You're not so very tall." "Nope," he agreed. "I'm only five feet eight an' three-quarters. …"— Jack London
Keep scrolling for more
showing great care, attention, and effort
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Finance Words Quiz Take the quiz
- Namesakes Word Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game