Definition of nonruling
(Entry 1 of 2)
Definition of nonruling (Entry 2 of 2)
: lack or absence of a ruling : the failure or refusal to issue a decisive ruling (as by a judge or governmental agency) For strict constructionists, the nonruling allows the culture to sort out the arguments consistent with what clearly are changing social mores.— Cal Thomas
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Do You 'Rein In' or 'Reign In' Something?
- Tiger Mom, Helicopter Parent, and More Words for Parenting Types
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 6/21/19
- An Overview of the Contronym 'Overlook'
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words for Summer: A Quiz Take the quiz
- Finance Words Quiz Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- Syn City Play the game