Definition of nongame
: not hunted for food, sport, or fur nongame animals/birds All 38 species of mollusks in Colorado have been reclassified as nongame, which means they cannot be harvested for sport or commercial purposes.— Brighid Kelly
Keep scrolling for more
something valued as if it were money
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Time Traveler Quiz: Which Word Came First? Take the quiz
- Slippery Words Quiz—Changing with the Times Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- Bee Cubed Play the game