Definition of nonfamily
1 : not of, relating to, or constituting a family nonfamily businesses/households a nonfamily member [=a person who is not a family member]
2 : not designed or suitable for both children and adults nonfamily entertainment … many nonfamily restaurants allow smoking throughout the restaurant … — Fodorʼs Japan
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Is the Word 'Freshman' Going Out of Style?
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/23/19
- Getting to the Heart of 'Epicenter'
- 'Conscience' vs. 'Conscious': Let Us Be Your Guide
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Summer 2019 Words of the Day Quiz Take the quiz
- Obscure Shapes Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game